24 Jul Good Oral Health Around The Clock
Maintaining good oral heath doesn’t have to be a chore. All it takes is a few minor adjustments to your daily routine, and you’ll have a bright beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime!
- After breakfast, don’t forget to brush and floss before leaving the house. You don’t want food stuck in your teeth from the start of your day!
- If you drink coffee or tea, it’s best to wash it down with a glass of water. This prevents staining, and washes away the acidity in your delicious beverage.
- Chewing gum can be a great way to clean your teeth during the day, but make sure it’s sugar-free, or you could be doing more damage than good
- Snacks can be worse for your teeth than meals, so be aware of mindless snacking. During a meal, your body creates extra saliva to help wash leftover bits off your teeth. But during snacks, less saliva is produced, so be careful!
- Coincidentally, a well-balanced diet is not just good for your body, but also it’s great for your teeth! Make sure you’re getting plenty of vegetables, leafy greens, whole grains, and lean proteins. You’ll feel great, and also be helping your smile!
- If you drink alcohol, be aware of what and how much you’re drinking. The sugar in alcohol, paired witht he acidity of beer, wine, or mixers can be harsh on your enamel. On top of that, red wine and dark liquors can stain your teeth, especially if the enamel is already wearing away. Feel free to indulge responsibly, but limit the amount, and stick to clear liquors or white wine.
- Don’t forget to brush and floss again before bed! Forgetting to brush leaves bacteria from the day sitting on your teeth, hurting your enamel and giving you nasty morning breath.